"The team at FBD have really helped me get my business up and running in a professional but fun way. All of the team have been fantastic to work with whenever and whatever issues have arisen in my business and I am confident that they have my best interests at heart at all times. My accounts are turned around efficiently at the end of each year and I can honestly say I look forward to the sign off meetings, which are full of brilliant tips and ideas to help me keep my business on track and to grow it further than before."
John Strachan - Director Cabling I.T. Ltd
As with all services we offer, our specialist services to contractors and freelancers are consistent with our core values and are designed to:
- Give you greater peace of mind
- Add value to you and your business
- Grow your business, improve your profitability and increase your cashflow
- Allow you to focus on what you enjoy doing
We support the following contractors / freelancers:
Construction Industry, Tradesmen (Plumbers, Electricians, Builders, Joiners, Roofers, Labourers), Cleaning Services, I.T. Specialists, 3D Visualisers, Pharmacists, Offshore, Oil and Gas, Project Managers, Software Programmers, Project Managers, Film Producers & Actors, Designers, Photographers, Banking and Financial Services, Pharmaceutical and Health Care, Surveyors, Web Developers and Search Engine Optimisers, Media and Design, Furniture Restorers, Educationalists, Alternative Energy Specialists, Audio Visual and Cabling
No hassle and no fuss – just peace of mind!
Having worked with contractors and freelancers for many years we understand that you want to be able to focus on winning work, carrying out the work to a high standard and going home at night knowing that your accounting and tax matters are being handled comprehensively and professionally, with a minimum of fuss, so as to give you total peace of mind.
Specialised accounting and tax services
Whether you are new in business, looking to grow or are now looking for an accountant who specialises in IR35 matters (including National Insurance and VAT Flat Rate Scheme issues) FBD has the expertise to meet your needs. With fully qualified chartered accountants on hand, experienced in working with contractors and freelancers, you can rest assured that complex accounting and taxation issues can be explained in simple language before they arise. We understand that often you don’t know what questions to ask or when to ask them, so we have adopted a unique approach to looking after our clients – a much more proactive approach.
What business set up should I have?
We are often asked which business structure is the best structure for a contractor or freelancer to have. As with all business advice there are no hard and fast answers and there are pros and cons for each option. The following are perhaps the main options:
- Self-employment or sole trader
- Limited Company
- Social Enterprise Company / Community Interest Company
- Umbrella Company
We would be delighted to talk you through these options to see which would be right for you. Please call us now on 01236 739280 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Price & Value Pricing Agreements
Under our Fixed Price & Value Pricing Agreements system, you will have access to unlimited “jargon free” advice from the entire FBD Team on ad-hoc matters, and as part of these agreements we will deal with HMRC correspondence (except HMRC enquiries and investigations*) on your behalf. Our expertise and expertise in this area can save you enormous amounts of time and stressp>.
*Cover available under separate Professional Fee Protection Insurance
For an annual fixed fee we will:
- Provide free bookkeeping software
- Prepare your year end accounts (statutory financial statements for limited companies)
- Prepare abbreviated financial statements for submission to Companies House (if you choose to form a limited company)
- Deal with correspondence from Companies House
- Complete and submit your company’s Annual Return to Companies House
- Complete all dividend administration and maintain your Company Register
- Deal with all business tax matters, including preparing income or corporation tax computations and preparing and submitting your Income Tax Self-Assessment return or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment return
- Deal with correspondence from HM Revenue & Customs
- Act as your personal payroll bureau
- Complete and submit your quarterly VAT returns
- Deal with all your personal tax matters on your behalf
- Provide IR35 compliance advice and solutions
- Provide a unique proactive and ad hoc advice service
If you have any questions about contracting or freelance work, or would like any further advice please contact us now on 01236 739280 or email us at email@example.com