Interim management is the temporary provision of management resources and skills. Interim management is generally the short-term assignment of a proven executive manager brought into an organisation to manage a period of transition, crisis or change within the organisation. The interim manager is generally engaged where a permanent role is considered to be unnecessary or impossible to find at short notice. Management or the Board of Directors may hold the view that a suitable candidate is not available internally, or is not available in the short term to take up the required position. In some instances, the task at hand is considered one that would be better carried out by a specialist resource from outwith the organisation.
Interims are often required on location at clients’ premises for a number of months at a time to carry out specialist and quite demanding assignments. Consequently, maintenance of accounting and administrative records for tax and other purposes becomes challenging, and an additional unwelcomed burden. Getting to grips with the new organisation, its culture, its management, its staff and its industry specific issues takes everything you’ve got. Not to mention that, as professionals in your field, you require to continually update your knowledge and expertise to keep you at the cutting edge of your profession.
To ensure we add value to you, at FBD we continually update ourselves in regard to current practice in the area of interims as well as industry related accounting and taxation developments. In this way we ensure that the specialist services offered to interims are consistent with our core values to:
- Give you greater peace of mind
- Add value to you and your business
- Grow your business, improve your profitability and increase your cashflow
Institute of Interim Management
The Institute of Interim Management (IIM) was set up in 2001 to represent Interims across the UK. It is a professional run by Interims for Interim Managers and Interim Executives. It is a not for profit organisation that provides a range of benefits for its members and runs a series of national events. It supports and promotes the whole of the Interim profession and lobbies government on its behalf.
The IIM now has a strong online presence with its own LinkedIn group, which actively hosts discussion groups, information sharing and networking for Interim Managers.
The Institute of Interim Management also plays a strong role in putting together Agencies, Service Providers and Interims and provides independent and up-to-date information about who to contact when there is a business need where the best solution is to hire an expert Interim.
Efficient, Friendly and Stress Free
We understand that you may well be taken out of your home environment to fulfil your duties as Interim Manager or Executive. So we have systems in place which ensure that the accounting and tax services you need are comprehensive, hassle free, simple and friendly. This means you can keep your stress levels to a minimum when it comes to administrative and financial business matters.
Specialised accounting and tax services
Whether you require advice as to:
- Which business structure best suits your needs (sole trader, partnership, limited company, social enterprise, Umbrella Company etc.)
- What expenses (including medical, professional and specialist), allowances and rates you can legitimately claim against your profits for tax purposes
- Specialised contracts (IR35, NHS, 100-Hour), or
- Superannuation and Pension schemes
FBD has the expertise to meet your needs.
Proud of our uniquely proactive approach, FBD has fully qualified chartered accountants on hand, experienced in working with Interim Managers to ensure that complex accounting and taxation issues can be identified and explained in simple language as or before they arise.
Fixed Price & Value Pricing Agreements
Under our Fixed Price & Value Pricing Agreements system, you will have access to unlimited “jargon free” advice from the entire FBD Team on ad-hoc matters, and as part of these agreements we will deal with HMRC correspondence (except HMRC enquiries and investigations*). Our expertise and expertise in this area can save you enormous amounts of time and stress.
*Cover available under separate Professional Fee Protection Insurance
For an annual fixed fee we will:
- Provide free bookkeeping software
- Prepare your year end business, locum and private practice accounts (statutory financial statements for limited companies)
- Prepare abbreviated financial statements for submission to Companies House (if you choose to form a limited company)
- Deal with correspondence from Companies House
- Complete and submit your company’s Annual Return to Companies House
- Complete all dividend administration and maintain your Company Register
- Deal with all business tax matters, including preparing income or corporation tax computations and preparing and submitting your Consultancy or Locum Income Tax Self-Assessment return or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment return
- Deal with correspondence from HM Revenue & Customs
- Act as your personal payroll bureau
- Complete and submit your quarterly VAT returns
- Personal Taxation
- Provide IR35 compliance advice and solutions
- Provide a unique proactive and ad hoc advice service
Additional Specialist Advisory Services
We also offer advice on a wide range of issues, such as:
- Review and implementation of accounting records
- Budgeting and cashflow
- Tax planning
- VAT matters
- Private practice accountancy and taxation issues
- Effective management of multiple employed and self-employed income
- Services specifically for Care Homes
- Property developments and business funding
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Business growth
- Capitalising on investments
If you have any questions about interim work, or would like any further advice please contact us on 01236 739280 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org